Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Updates for Chinese New Year

5/2/2008

Supposedly I had to go back hometown around evening on this day. However, I had some discussion with my mom regarding my gathering dinner with high school friends on this day. She agreed and I prepared myself around 5p.m.+ then Chun Xiong came over to picked me up to Eu Juin's place. We are the first who reached there, had some chi chat about the past, present and future. Waited until 6.40p.m. then Kean Loong and Kai Lun arrived, Rachel followed behind them. 10 minutes later, Chong You, Leslie, Shun Jie, Wilson and Guo Jia arrived. At last, Yee Ven aka Organizing Chairman arrived with Houren and Soofrine.

After everyone arrived at Eu Juin's place, we all head to Damansara Palace Restaurant for our dinner. Met up with Wei Li, Vincent, Teck Shyen, Houzhi and Yau Wai there. Soon we had our first dish serve which is "Yu Ci" then we had our "Yee Sang" This the first time had "Lou Sang" with friends.. We had two and 18 of us cramped together to "Lou Sang" twice. It was fun although mostly of the "Yee Sang" partly wasted thanks to those people who fooled around. We had also pork, chicken, some vegetables, fish, sticky rice and desert for our dinner..

Around 10p.m. I had to go back hometown. Sadly to even had to say goodbye to them.. 3 hours is just too short for a gathering but nevermind.. Really had so much fun with you guys this day.. the karoke, chit chatting and jokes haha.. Thanks guys.. Thanks Yee Ven for organizing this CNY dinner.. Thanks a lot!!

Yee Sang
All of us cramping together to lou sang
From left: Yee ven, Houzhi, me, Eu Juin and SoofrineYaaaaaaaaaaaaam!!!! Sing!!!!This two steeling the spotlight for the whole nightRachel and Eu Juin in actionLook at that Houzhi.. WTH!!??Me and Wei LiTake OneTake TwoTake Three Thumbs up everyone!!

Chinese New Year Eve

Reached Taiping around 2.30am ah yes.. Its frigging early in the morning.. Straight away I unpacked my luggage and slept around 10 minutes later. Woke up around 8.30am as usual, we all had "lai fun" for breakfast. Then something stupid started where all of us actually bathed except me and Kah Jun.. It was a disaster for us as the water rationing started from 10.30am onwards.. For all time, this was the first time that water rationing happen just before CNY.. All the chefs there having hard time to cook for lunch and dinner, me and Kah Jun as the labour, had to carry many pails of water up and down.. We stopped later because the water tank above our house had ran out of water.. Though we also had some fun gambling the whole day.. Around 10.30p.m. we decided to go to my other relative house which is 3 minutes drive from our house due to the water rationing continued on..

DepressionEffect of losing money =P

After the refreshing bathe, I realized that I've not bathe for 29 hours that makes a new record.. Around 11.45p.m. my grandparents set up the table for praying.. Again, me and Kah Jun are the one there to help them.. aiks.. being the eldest had to do all the stuff right?? At 12pm sharp, it is officially Chinese New Year and everyone of us had to pray.. I had too pray to, it is for tradition but not religion.. Then, I set up the fire cracker with my second uncle and lighted it up.. Everyone kinda like evacuated that area while waiting the fire cracker to burn finish.. After everything done, we started gamble again.. =)

Everyone prayingFire craker that I set upBooooom!!!RED RED RED

Day 1 of CNY

Thank goodness the water came back just before we go out for breakfast.. My auntie, second uncle and the maid stayed to store those water and make sure everything alright.. After our breakfast, we continue to gamble again and all of us take turn to bathe.. Then we had our lunch, cooked 20 plus packets of maggie mee ^_^
vegetarian wantan mee.. only one "fish ball" *stingy*
Bucket of 24 hours without bathe cloths

Finally we can go visiting, before that my grandfather's youngest brother's family came to visit us. Then we all together went to my grandfather's sister house.. We then start gambling again.. Well we are the away team and we actually lost few rounds until later Uncle Onn came and said he wanted to be the banker.. Since then all of us kept winning =)

Just before we head to another place for visiting, we had some cendol at Taiping town for cooldown.. We visited "Mui jie" after that where we actually lend her house to bathe before that day.. nothing much had happen except we gamble and gamble and gamble..

Day 2

Early morning around 8a.m. we had to pray traditionally for the second time on the second day of Chinese New Year.. We did the same as we did on the first day of CNY.. I set the second firecracker up and BooooM the whole floor filled with red.. After that we started gamble again but this time it was my auntie became a banker.. Man she was filled with luck as she won countlessly from RM10 to RM120+ She's freaking crazy.. what luck.. Too bad to Kah Jun, Kah Fai and Kah Mun had to leave to Tapah to visit their mother side after losing RM20+ each..

Second Fire cracker
Really really RED!!

We stopped a while to figure out how to win back our money.. Later on, one of my relative family came to join us for lunch.. Many other relatives came to visit us after lunch too.. Sadly my second uncle family went Kuala Kangsar to visit her wife side to "bai nin" We were all left alone till night time where my second uncle family came back.. We had our dinner at home and started to gamble again after that.. This time my second uncle "open bottle" its Jack Daniels!!! I can't believe my uncle bought it for RM250.. Normally its mixed with coke but this time I'm trying it purely.. wow.. after drinking 1 cup.. I went high.. thank goodness I'm not drunk phew.. Its smooth drink love it so much!! Thanks uncle!!

Jack Daniels =) Luv it!!

Day 3

After lunch I heard my auntie going back KL with my uncle, luckily I knew about that and asked her to switch with me.. Phew.. She agreed and I went back KL with my uncle.. We reach my other uncle place at Bandar Utama around 7p.m. Had "Bak Kut Teh" with them for dinner then my second uncle head back home.. Me and my cousins went to Cyber after dinner for 3 hours till 1am.. I stayed overnight at my cousin place after that..

Day 4

Woke up quite early around 9am.. My auntie got a shock why everyone actually woke up that early.. The thing is we came back in time around 1am.. Is good that she believed us.. Later I break the last stage of Need for Speed Most Wanted for my cousin who had tried hundred times and yet still can't finish.. Poor guy.. I finished it in 6th try =) After that we had our lunch together and Kah Fai left to Sunway Piramid with his friends shopped for Valentines and Kah Mun went to his friend house.. Left Kah Jun alone at home with his parents after I drove my auntie's car back.. "The world turned around the other way already" I told Kah Jun.. Cause normally his the one who leave the house always.. haha..

I've got a shock when I reach home.. At first I can't see a thing in the aquarium, when I open the cover.. Oh gosh!! Its frigging stinks!!! The fishes are all dead!! Man that sucks!! I unpacked my luggage, opened up all the window and start my cleaning work.. I had to put up 2 layers of surgeon mask to prevent myself from smelling those stinks.. Took me two hours to clean up most of the mess.. I was pretty sad because I had to throw all the dead fishes away as I'm the one who maintain this aquarium and breed this fishes.. sigh.. After that, I cleaned up myself and met with Kah Jun and Wei Zhe at One Utama.. Later my cousin friend came to join us followed by Ken and his friend.. We went to Jeti "yam cha" and Carlton joined us.. After that we went to watched Kung Fu Dunk without Carlton cause he don't want to watch.. Well I personally rate it 5/10 Something wrong with this show I guess Jay just wanted this chance to promote his album after all..

Kung Fu Dunk

All of us skipped our dinner and went to the curve.. Unfortunately Wei Zhe couldn't join us because he was sick.. We went to Laundry to watch Man Utd vs Man City match.. Ordered 3 jugs of tiger and I ordered some liquor because I don't really like beer.. Really really badly disappointed with that match.. All of us were jeering Man Utd playing style and Ferguson decision playing off form players.. Man Utd lost 2-1 home.. Unbelievable?? Believe it!! All of us were out of mood and decided to go Williams for supper.. I didn't join them and eventually came back home because I'm totally out of mood of enjoyment..

No comments: