Sunday, September 23, 2007

Updates for yesterday

Woke up at 8.30a.m. rushing to get ready myself for the workshop starting at 9.30a.m. I had some arguments with my parents because of transport problem and some misunderstanding.. In the end my father is the one who fetched me to college.. I was late for 10 minutes, apologize to Dr. Irene and meet up Nuo Geng, Issac and Catherine there, there is also another 4 person chosen for this workshop from other program as wel.. The workshop was conducted by Dr. Irene.. Generally the workshop is about how we improve understanding among all lecturers and students.. I was a bit nervous there, 8 of us sitting in front of the classroom as panel and facing 10 lecturers and Dr. Irene as well.. We had a very fun discussion with all the lecturers there, there are a few question that Dr. Irene ask us to discuss.. I remember only few of them =( Is student adapters? Is student skeptic? Is student image driven? Is student impatient? and lots more question.. We came up with few funny things and the lecturers too.. Is a really great experience to be exposed to this kind of event, I just love it soo much.. However the workshop ended longer than expected, it ends at 12.00p.m.

Finally, the scariest moment arrived.. Its Parents Teachers Day!! I was quite nervous and scared yesteday.. My father came at 12.30p.m. darn his late!!! First lecturer that came to us was Ms Sarah.. Off she gave comment

"Leon was very discipline compare to his classmate which is very playful, his willing to work hard, he has no problem with comprehension but he got some structure problem in his essay"

Phew.. positive comment.. The second lecturer that came to us was Mr. Andrew.. First he show all my marks to my father and commented

"Your son generally did very well in his exams, 26/30 so far, I have no problem with him"

Thats all he comment and we got a 30 seconds stunned conversation where Mr. Andrew said "ya, ya" I replied "ok, ok" and my father wondering "hmm, umm" for about 30 seconds we did this @.@ Positive comment and finally Ms Saleena came to us.. She explained to use how are the marks allocated.. thank goodness only 40% is from finals =D Then she commented

"I have no problem with your son, he is very initiative as he is the only one in my class answering all the question, he completes his tutorials"

and she even gave me some personal comment that "Leon, you don't have to worry, among the 3 HD scorers in your class, I have the most high hope on you" Darn.. there goes the huge pressure and impact that I have to keep up this good work to impress her =( positive comment.. Ms Firdous was not there because she has to sit for her master's exam yesteday.. I'm glad with the comment from lecturers and I hope my father really happy with it as he did not show any reaction yesterday @.@

After that, we went back for lunch and then we preparing for the Mooncake Festival Party at night on the field near my house.. On the way back me and my father saw an exploded car that happen on Friday night.. I took a few snapshot of it.. We assumed the car skid from 3rd lane to 1st lane, bang on the fence and flew straight to the wall of that school and BOOM!! because of some evidence there..

The exploded car The burning spot

Next, we went to the field and start preparing all the tables and chairs.. oh gosh!! Is darn heavy.. We then set up the PA system, decorate the field with lanterns as my mother preparing some foods at home.. Below is a few snapshots on the way preparing everything..

Time flies and it is finally 7p.m. and there are people coming at that time.. More crowds coming at 8p.m. as one of the V.I.P, YB Yong Dai Ying arrived at that time too.. We were not there as we are had light dinner with my mother at home.. We went there again after the break and we got a shock.. every year the crowds getting bigger and bigger and bigger.. There are events such as eating mooncake contest, blowing balloon, guessing idioms (chai mi yu) and lantern parade.. Below is the snapshots of few events..

The organizing chairman Mr Walter Lee
Five children performingUnder-12 mooncake eating contestUnder-18 mooncake eating contestAdult mooncake eating contestUnder-12 boys blowing balloon competitionUnder-12 girls blowing balloon competition

Around 9.45p.m. one of the residents, Mr Phoon and his wife arrived.. They created a lantern and join a competition at puchong.. They won 2nd place.. They took 2 days to finish up the lantern.. Great job and made Bandar Sri Damansara proud =) A big applause given to them yesterday.. Below is the snapshots of the lantern.. Beautiful and Fantastic!!!
Around 10p.m. another V.I.P, YB Tan Sri Dato' Dr. K.S. Nijhar arrived.. He came and give his "speech", well is not actually speech, he blew off some whistle sound with his mouth.. I wonder how he did that?? AMAZING!!

YB Tan Sri Dato' Dr. K.S. Nijhar

Straight after that, we had lantern parade and it was me =) who lead the pack going a 10 minutes lantern parade..

Me holding Jalur Gemilang Flag leading the pack

After the parade, we give out free goodies to those who join the parade and we took a break, ad some home made Canadian sandwiches made by my god grandparents..
Me at the V.I.P table =)

After the event ends, we had gotong-royong cleaning up the whole place.. shifting the tables and chairs to my father's friend house near there.. It was a fun and happy day yesterday yet very tiring day..


No comments: